Enforcement and Penalties...
The ACMA and RSM will from time to time conduct audits to ensure product Compliance Folders are kept up to date and EMC test reports are accurate and appropriate for the EMC compliance level of the tested products. Each regulated product must have a valid Declarations of Conformity and be correctly labelled with a unique ACMA or RSM agent (ANZEMC) identity code and appropriate C-Tick or A-Tick trademark.
ACMA and RSM Offences Include...
1. Using C-Tick or A-Tick trademarks without authorisation.
2. Supplying unlabelled products.
3. Supplying or labelling non EMC compliant products.
4. Making false Declarations of Conformity.
5. Inaccurate or improper laboratory test reports for a productís ACMA/RSM EMC compliance level classification.
1. Prohibiting the supply and sale of products until the proper EMC standards are met
2. Seizure of stock.
3. Daily fines of up to $1,000
4. Criminal prosecution and fines of up to $200,000